Friday, October 30, 2009

The Canticle of Brother Slug

The title of this blog is a working title. I'm not sure if I will keep it, or try something else.

One title I've considered is The Canticle of Brother Slug.

It's reference to the joking title I had for my autobiography, A Slug Among Weeds (a play off Father Thomas Green's Weeds Among the Wheat). I'd even considered that as a title for this blog.

"Canticle" is an obvious homage to Father Francis's "Canticle of Brother Sun."

"Brother" - well he did refer to many things as his Brothers or Sisters. He referred to his own body as Brother Ass.

And "Slug"? A slug is of course the slimy critter, which is the way I feel about myself at times. It also has slang meanings, including "A self-indulgent person who spends time avoiding work or other useful activity."

In other words, a lazy soul like me who wastes his time doing less important things. Like blogging!

Pax et bonum

No comments: