Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Summer Reading


As always, I have a pile of books to read this summer. And, as is typical, most of them are school related (I'm teaching a new course in the fall).

Right now I'm working through Saint Benedict: The Story of the Father of Western Monks by Mary Fabyan Windeatt, which is on the 7th/8th Grade Summer Reading list.\

As soon as I finish that, I'll read the other book on that list, The Trumpeter of Krakow by Eric P. Kelly.

For the school year I'll preread:

Joan of Arc by Mark Twain
The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle
The Sword in the Stone by T. H. White
The Chaucer Story Book by Eva March Tappan

There are more school-related works, which I will get to if there is time.

For myself, I'm currently reading (as my spiritual reading) The Lessons of St. Francis: How to Bring Simplicity and Spirituality Into Your Daily Life by John Michael Talbot with Steve Rabey.

And who knows what else will drift my way!

Pax et bonum

No comments: