Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer begins, sort of


Today I submitted my grades and all of the end-of-the-year paperwork, and paced up the students papers and portfolios.

I thought I was done - and just had to clean my desk and classroom.

But then there were problems with some of the state tests. We had sent them out to be scored, and when we looked at them we began to find multiple errors, with a number of tests being scored too low. This was true not only in English, but also in history and science.

We sat there for a couple of hours reviewing the scores and rescoring some test whose scores seemed questionable.

One test was off by nearly 20 points.

So ... my department head requested that several of us come in next week to regrade as many of the tests as we can. The principal wants them done by Tuesday so the scores can go on the report cards.

I'll be there bright and early Monday. I'll go in Tuesday to finish up cleaning my room. Then Wednesday and Thursday I have to go in for mandatory workshop days.

So much for summer vacation!

Pax et bonum

No comments: