Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Could it be ... Hail Satan??

 
As part of demonstrations before the Texas legislature began to consider a ban on abortions after 20 weeks, protesters sang/chanted.
 
As prolifers sang songs like "Amazing Grace," some prochoicers, in addition to having signs saying things like "Hoes Before Embryos" (really), began to chant "Hail Satan."
 
When I first heard of this, I was skeptical. But then video surfaced.
 

Now while I do believe those who support abortion are doing the work of Satan, I don't believe the vast majority of them - including the folks at this protest - are out-and-out Satanists. Besides, Satan doesn't need worshippers to turn people from God. Just look at how he makes use of the entertainment industry.

I think the pro-choice protesters were just trying to be offensive, to say things that might anger the pro-lifers. It's like protests I've been at where prochoicers will start chanting things like, "Keep your rosaries off my ovaries." If the pro-lifers respond in anger, you know the news media would pounce on that. After all, Satan has been making good use of the news media to promote his agenda.

I don't know if the prochoicers realize how this comes across. But then, given the nature of the news media, reports of this sort of thing might never get out.

The best response is to keep on singing and praying. Oh, and maybe saying a rosary for the sake of their ovaries - and souls.

Pax et bonum

No comments: