Monday, June 30, 2014

First day of vacation - but not from faith


My first day of vacation involved taking the dog to the vet for her annual, sorting and discarding some papers, and reading a book for school. Doesn't sound like much, but it is 90 with high humidity. If I move away from the fan - heck, if I move - the sweat starts.

I did get to watch when the Hobby Lobby decision came, and engage in some online debating.

I've also been thinking about spiritual growth. Tomorrow, I plan to call over to the local Catholic spirituality center to set up a meeting to talk about a spiritual director. I don't know if I will find one there, but I need to start.

Lately, I've been struggling. Wandering mind. For example, yesterday at Mass I found myself getting so distracted that I began silently reciting the Jesus Prayer to get my mind focused. I need advice, help, a "deadline" (as in, knowing I'm meeting with the director so I need to get to what I need to do) to help me. It's like that with band practice: I feel compelled to practice at home as band practice time nears.

Gotta start a new spiritual reading book as well. Maybe time to start the Franciscan workbook.

Pax et bonum

No comments: