Sunday, June 15, 2014

Summer reading - initial projections


I still have a week of grading to finish - but already I'm beginning to plan for summer reading.

I'm teaching a course I haven't taught in a couple of years, so I have to reread some of the books to get ready. And I need to review some of the books for my current main course.

So here's a tentative starting list:

The Divine Comedy - Dante (my fun reading)
Handbook for Secular Franciscan Servant Leadership (for my vocation)
Consider the Ravens: On Contemporary Hermit Life -  Paul Fredette and Karen Fredette
Sister of My Heart - Chitra Banerjee
Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass
The Scarlet Letter - Nathaniel Hawthorne
Black Like Me - John Howard Griffin
Travels With Charley - John Steinbeck
A Moveable Feast - Ernest Hemingway

I'm sure more books or plays will make the list. I need some more spiritual reading. Maybe add in a Brother Odd book by Dean Koontz for fun.


Pax et bonum

No comments: