Saturday, March 19, 2016

Those Giant Behemoths



This morning when I turned on the television one of the movie channels was showing The Giant Behemoth. I couldn't watch it all, but the few minutes I could watch brought back happy memories of the Saturday afternoon "Monster Movie" programs I used to watch.

I loved the giant dinosaur movies like The Giant Behemoth ...

                                                            
                                                    ... and Gorgo ...


                                    ... and The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms.

I loved dinosaurs in general anyway - I even had vague dreams of being a paleontologist. These movies not only had dinosaurs, but ones foe which one could feel sympathy. They were awakened and disturbed, and were only trying to return to their home territories or just survive in a strange and hostile world. In the end, two of them - and others like them - died. Gorgo lived, but then, he had a loving mother to help out!

 
Pax et bonum

No comments: