Monday, July 3, 2017

A Weighty Issue


I've been feeling fat lately. Pictures from yesterday's visit to the Fatima Shrine confirmed that I am.


The last time I weighed myself - several months ago - I was about 50 pounds overweight. I suspect it's closer to 60 now. Our scale has disappeared, so I can't confirm the weight that way, but the picture above says all I need for now.

I kid that it's Santa weight. But it's unhealthy weight.

So, diet and exercise time.

60 pounds? Maybe - but my goal is to get down into the 190s (I'm 6 foot). I need to get a scale to start monitoring. By summer's end I'd like to be down 10-15 pounds.

To do this, I'm going to cut out the snacking, especially at night. I'm going to cut down portions. I'm going to cut down on sweets and beer. I'm going to get more exercise, including bike riding (rode to Mass this morning).

The good thing is that I have some clothes that might actually start to fit me again.

Pax et bonum

No comments: