Saturday, December 23, 2017

Getting to be resolution time ...


Every year many people make resolutions, including me.

To lose weight. To exercise more. To spend more time with family or friends. To quit some bad habit like smoking or drinking. And so on.

Mine have overlapped - like losing weight. But I've also had some about praying more and doing more spiritual reading.

Some have worked. I have begun to read more spiritual works. I have added some prayers.

I haven't lost the weight, though!

I'm mulling some of those again for the coming year.

I do need to lose about 50 pounds.

I need to add even more spiritual reading. I have been reading more spiritual fiction and non-fiction, and I now do the daily readings, but I'd like to add more Bible reading.

I do pray every day, but not enough. One thing I'd like to add is a weekly visit to the adoration chapel. I'd actually talked about this with my former spiritual director (he had to stop due to illness).

I need to find a new spiritual director.

I need to practice guitar more so that I can better play for Mass.

A morning Mass is available near my school that I can get to and still be in my homeroom in plenty of time before students arrive. I'd like to add at least one morning Mass each week.

I'd like to spend less time on social media, and to be less snarky.

One area where I really need to step up my game is for my Franciscan fraternity. I need to do more to help the fraternity to grow, and to help sustain it. Elections are coming up this year, and I plan to say if I'm wanted I'll let my name get placed in nomination (I'm currently on the Council). One thing I have done is compiled a list of birthdays of fraternity members, and I'll start sending them cards to help promote a sense of welcoming and family. I also need to read more Franciscan documents, and to take advantage to workshops and training. Not sure what else to do yet.

Still mulling resolutions - have a week to settle on what ones.

Which means it was all right for me to have that donut I just ate, right? (wink)

I think I'll shower now, and head off to the perpetual adoration chapel at my church.

Pax et bonum

No comments: