Friday, March 2, 2018

Snow Day!


Yesterday, the lawn was clear. Some of the grass was showing signs of growth.

Today, there is about a foot of heavy, wet snow on the ground.

A sudden March snow storm.

Image may contain: snow, tree, house and outdoor


All the schools are closed, as are many businesses. Even the malls are closed until after noon when the plows can clear them out.

Image may contain: snow, tree, outdoor and nature

I was out at 7 a.m. with the snow blower and the shovel. The plows had piled four feet of heavy, packed snow at the end of my driveway. A kind young man in a plow passed by, witnessed my efforts to clear the snow, turned around, and plowed the end of the driveway. I thanked him and offered him money, but he said it was okay, and just drove off.

There are good people out there!

With no school, I was able to read and finish Bishop Barron's book in between ventures out to shovel more of the snow and clear off the cars.

Meanwhile, our Fraternity meeting has been canceled for tonight.

Without a pile of papers to correct, I can actually relax a little.

Ah, the joys of a snow day!

Pax et bonum

No comments: