Saturday, March 10, 2018

Today is ...


It's Saturday, March 10, the 69th day of 2018.

Image result for St John Ogilvie

It's the Feast of St. John Ogilvie, a Scottish convert who was martyred by the English in 1615 for the treasonous act of converting Protestants to Catholicism and getting fallen away Catholics to return to the faith.

Appropriately, it's also International Bagpipe Day.

It's also Middle Name Pride Day (Francis, in my case), Mario Day (as in Super Mario, a game I never played), Genealogy Day (According to my DNA I'm 56 % Irish, 16 % Viking, 10 % Scottish, 8 % Spanish, and then a few assorted other ethnicities), International Day of Awesomeness (how awesome!), Land Line Telephone Day (I don't own a cell phone, so that's fitting), National Urban Ballroom Dancing Day (the wife and I took lessons once), Salvation Army Day (good organization; I passed their ringers many a time on my way to Santa duty at the mall), and U.S Paper Money Day (I do like to pay cash when I can).

I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

Pax et bonum

No comments: