Saturday, January 26, 2019

Sodom on the Hudson


Image result for Cuomo laughs at abortion law

With the last election, the Democrats finally have control of the entire state government. There has been a sudden rush to pass bills that have been blocked for years. Some are good, yes, but those good ones are outweighed by the horrible ones, and in particular by the expansion of abortion.

I feel frustrated. I can't leave the state. I live in a district where a supporter of this sort of evil will win reelection until he retires, and will then be replaced by a like-minded politician. And even the bishops are failing to take strong action.

I have no real power here to try to stop the evil, other than protesting and writing.

As a faithful Catholic who resides in New York, I now have a sense of what it felt like to live in Sodom.

I will continue to pray - that hearts might be changed, and that I will not give in to despair. 

Pax et bonum

No comments: