Sunday, May 19, 2019

Joe Dady Goes Home




Joe Dady passed away yesterday at age 61 after a battle with cancer. His death is a loss for the Rochester music scene, Irish music, folk music, and me.

I loved the Dady Brothers' music, having seen them a number of times. I followed Joe and the Dady Brothers on Facebook as well.

They started out in the 70s doing folk music, but soon became well-known for their Irish music. They led a number of tours to Ireland. They were mainstays in the local Irish and music scenes, giving concerts, playing festivals, and doing multiple benefits for local groups and organizations.

Joe was a composer - the video above, a tribute to another of my favorite musicians, Pete Seeger, is one of his - a multi-instrumentalist, a performer (not just a musician), and a teacher. 

A few years back I snapped some pictures at a parish benefit concert they gave.




Rest in peace, Joe.

Thank you for all the laughs and great music.

Pax et bonum

No comments: