Thursday, June 20, 2019

"It is not peace..."


"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth: it is not peace I have come to bring, but a sword.
For I have come to set son against father, daughter against mother, daughter-in-law against mother-in-law; a person's enemies will be the members of his own household." - Matthew 10: 34-36

That passage has been on my mind lately.

For a while now I have been estranged from two of my daughters because of their rejection of Catholic teachings - and their view of me as a religious fanatic because I uphold those teachings.

More recently, on social media people who had been friends have been critical because of disagreements over such things at homosexual marriage, abortion, ivf, contraception, foul language, and such issues as how best to deal with immigrants in this country illegally, "pride" events, the use of hyperbolic language such as "concentration camps," and support for candidates/political leaders who espouse things in conflict with Church teachings. Some have cut me off, and, to be honest, I have reduced my interaction with some to avoid conflict. 

It hurts, but I must remain true to the teachings of the Church and their application.

Pax et bonum

No comments: