Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Lent 2023


Lent is upon us.

Time for some "fasts" - though I'm looking for some positive ways to improve my spiritual life rather than just giving up things.

I am giving up two specific things.

I will not make any critical, negative comments. If tempted to do so, I will keep silent.
I will not snack after dinner.

I am also going to cut back on my television viewing - especially of the political/news shows that encourage negativity on my part. I'll make better use of that time either watching more spiritually enriching shows, or doing non-television things.

I have several positive things I plan to do.

The first is just to continue my daily reading of the Bible and spiritual works. I will continue my daily Liturgy of the Hours Morning Prayers and Night Prayers, Rosary, and Divine Mercy Chaplet. I've slipped a few times since I resolved to do these things as a New Year's resolution, so this is really a renewal of that effort.

I will practice playing guitar and singing daily, and will include at least one hymn or spiritual song in each session. 

Onward! 

Pax et bonum

No comments: