Thursday, February 23, 2023

Untroubled By the Unknown: Trusting God in Every Moment (Fr. Schmitz)



As part of my spiritual reading, I recently finished Untroubled By the Unknown: Trusting God in Every Moment by Father Mike Schmitz. The book, which is adapted from a some homilies by Father Schmitz, is  lies is part of The Curious Catholic Series. In addition to the adapted homilies, it includes reflection questions and suggestions for action.

I've encountered Father Schmitz before through his short videos about faith topics, some of which I used with my students.  He is well-known now for his Bible in a Year and Catechism in a Year podcasts, which, to be honest, I haven't viewed. But from what I have seen of him, I have liked his personable approach to faith, mixing solid teachings with humor.

I found the book and its exploration of mercy and trust in God enjoyable and inspiring. It was an easy read, very down-to-earth, yet still informative. 

I recommend it!

Pax et bonum

No comments: