Monday, December 25, 2023

Dickens (and Christie)


One of my reading goals next year is to read at least one Dickens novel. There are a number of them I have not yet read:

Nicholas Nickleby
The Old Curiosity Shop
Barnaby Rudge 
Martin Chuzzlewit 
Dombey and Son 
Little Dorrit 
Our Mutual Friend 
The Mystery of Edwin Drood
(left unfinished due to Dickens's death).
 
I have Nicholas Nickleby, The Old Curiosity Shop. Dombey and Son, Martin Cuzzlewit, Little Dorrit, and Our Mutual Friend, so it will be one or two of those. I'm leaning toward reading The Old Curiosity Shop first. 

I was also watching a PBS special on Agatha Christie (Agatha Christie: Lucy Worsley on the Mystery Queen). It reminded me that I wanted to read more Christie, so add a couple of them to the list!

Pax et bonum

No comments: