Monday, December 22, 2014

Santa Claus days dwindle


 Santa season is almost over - and for me, basically over.

Unless I get a last-minute call, I'm done.

This year has been strange due to the loss of the mall gig. The private ones were nice, but not as steady, and certainly far fewer. Knowing that I won't have the the mall next season either, I can promote for next year earlier and, hopefully, get more gigs. I think I'm a good Santa - I certainly get positive feedback.

If the private gigs grow in number, maybe I won't return to the mall - or at least do fewer gigs there. The two years out will certainly knock me down in terms of seniority. I may not get much choice when it comes ot shifts.


As for this year, one last bit of sadness: I won't be the last Santa at the mall on Christmas Eve for the first time in nine years.


Pax et bonum

No comments: