Friday, January 30, 2015

Storytelling


My school had an arts fest today. I volunteered to lead two workshops on storytelling.

In addition to tips about storytelling, I performed several pieces. It's been so long since I told stories  in such a format. It was a blast. It made me realize how much I miss storytelling.

I wonder if there is much of a market for storytelling these days? It seems to have faded in popularity.

I used to be a member of the local storytelling guild - but stopped going, and later when I checked into possibly being involved again I discovered they met the same night as my Franciscan fraternity. I'm not even sure they are still meeting now anyway.

I used to belong to a national storytelling organization, but that membership lapsed years ago and I never renewed.

I basically stopped storytelling when I returned to teaching - I no longer had flexibility in my schedule to tell stories in schools or libraries during the school year.

I must do some checking.

Pax et bonum

No comments: