Friday, October 23, 2015

About the Synod


I've been asked what I think about various stories coming out of the Synod on the Family.

I've declined to comment.

My silence is due in part to my ongoing effort to avoid getting caught up in pointless debates that get me worked up and unFranciscan-like.

But even more it's because we really don't know what is happening at the Synod. We don't know what was actually said and in what context. We don't have published final reports yet. We don't know what the Pope will ultimately say.

Folks on social media can argue, predict, doom-and-gloom endlessly if they wish, but there is nothing firm at this point and I don't want to get caught up in it all.

Maybe later. When we have facts to deal with rather than predictions and speculations.

Pax et bonum

No comments: