Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Puzzling



My wife got a 750-piece cat puzzle last year. We started doing it, then got busy with other things. Plus, it was tough. She basically gave up, I worked on it sporadically. 

Consequently, the partly-complete puzzle was floating around for a months, moving from the living room to the dining room table to the bed room multiple times. It got bumped, jostled, and wagged (thanks to the dog) a number of times, with pieces getting scattered.

Finally, a couple of weeks ago, with a little time and a burst of energy, I finished it.

Except for one piece.

It was missing.

One piece.

Argh.

I searched everywhere we'd had the puzzle. Under the table. Under the couch. Under the couch cushions. Under the bed. I even emptied out the vacuum cleaner bag.

No luck.

Then, after a day of looking, as I was heading out the door, I had a sudden inspiration: Maybe it bounced under the radiator in the living room during one of the dog-wagging incidents.

Voila!

It is now complete.

It's been sitting on the table now for two weeks.

I hate to take it apart.

And do I want to start another one?

Hmm.

Pax et bonum

No comments: