Monday, January 2, 2023

Naughty Boy


Once a week I volunteer at a local chapel/shrine. I take out the garbage, sweep the chapel, oversee the small gift shop. There's also plenty of time to pray and read.

Today I noticed that shelving unit where people can drop off periodicals - various religious magazines, newspapers, and newsletters - that other people can take for free was really untidy. I decided to organize the periodicals.

As I sorted, I found a number of issues of America magazine and National Catholic Reporter. Both of them regularly contain questionable content. They feature writers and articles that oppose church teachings or policies on issues like abortion, homosexuality, women's ordination, and more.

I put those issues aside, then tossed them into the recycling box.

I don't want others to be led astray!

Pax et bonum

No comments: