Thursday, January 5, 2023

The Catechism in Whenever



Father Mike Schmitz has just completed a series of podcasts in which he led people through the Bible in a year.

I haven't watched any of them, not really a daily podcast person, but I have seen some of his other broadcasts on religious, moral, and social issues, and I always liked them. I even used to show some of them to my students.

He is now doing the Catechism of the Catholic Church in a Year. Wow.

I have read the Catechism in bits and pieces as I needed guidance on issues such as sin, the death penalty, and abortion, but I have not read the entire Catechism.

Father Mike has inspired me.

No, I am not going to view his podcasts each day. I have, however, begun to read the Catechism, and wil do so daily. It will likely take more than a year, but it will be a good addition to my resolution to increase my spiritual reading.

Pax et bonum

No comments: