Monday, February 19, 2024

About that blurb ...


I already offered my assessment of  Winter's Child by Margaret Coel (basically good, but ended the series with things unresolved). but there was one other observation I did not share.

The book was published in 2016 . On the cover was a blurb from Tony Hillerman. "[Coel is] a master."

It made sense to have a comment about a reservation-based mystery from the renowned author of the great Navajo mysteries.

But ... Hillerman died in 2008. Eight years before Coel's book was published.

Yes, given the nature of the quotation, he likely said it at some point about her. But still, eight years after he died?  

My sarcastic side wondered if maybe he supplied it for this book through a seance.

Whenever he said it, it seemed kind of sketchy that they used it after he was dead.

Now if I can only get Dickens to provide a blurb for one of my Christmas tales.

Pax et bonum

No comments: