Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Tree (Outside the Chapel)



When I am volunteering at the St. Padre Pio Chapel, if there are no visitors, I say a Rosary. While I pray the Rosary, I walk up and down the aisles.

As I walked by some windows, I spotted a tree in the field just outside the Chapel. I paused to look at it.

It stood out, leafless, in the field.

Each time I walked by those windows, I glanced again at the tree. 

It became part of my prayers. Like the Tabernacle with it's flickering electric candle, and the large Crucifix at the front of the Chapel, and the Statues of various saints, and the paintings of Mary and Jesus.

And I think of Joyce Kilmer's "Trees": 

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
 
Thank you God.

Pax et bonum

No comments: