Sunday, January 27, 2013

I'm thinking of suing Lance Armstrong



I've heard that some people are thinking of suing Lance Armstrong because of his books. They allege he misled them, and they bought his books believing that he had not doped. Now the truth is out and they want their money back. I don't know if they just want the cost of the books refunded, or if they're adding in money for mental distress or the other usual things people looking to make a buck add in.

Hmm.

I might have grounds for a suit.

You see, back in 2005, I had reservations about Armstrong and the hero worship surrounding him. There were just some things about him that bothered me. So I wrote and posted a limerick in various places.

Hero?

A bike riding "hero" named Lance
has again won the Tour de France.
He gave riding his life,
but neglected his wife, 
reflecting our values, perchance?

Well, I got hit with nasty comments. I was called names. I was insulted.

I ... I felt distress.

Sniff.

So can I sue him because the people who were fooled by him got mad at me?

Hmmmmmm ...

Maybe I don't have to keep buying those lottery tickets!

Pax et bonum

No comments: