Sunday, February 3, 2013

Amusing Mass Moment (Santa!)


At our parish, the priests have a tradition of inviting children to come up, circle the altar, and hold hands while saying the "Our Father." (I know, some people object to this practice, but that's not the point of this post.)

Today, a father carried up a very young girl almost to the altar. She then climbed up the steps and took her older sister's had.

As we were saying the "Our Father," she looked over at where the choir and musicians were standing and praying. She looked at me, and her eyes widened. I could read her lips.

"Santa Claus!"

She turned to her sister, who said something. She looked back at me, a questioning look on her face.


Ho. Ho. Ho.

Pax et bonum

1 comment:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I'm pretty sure I've told you about the business cards that our parish's Santa Claus carries...his portrait on the front and the back reads something like: "I saw Santa today and he said I'm on the Good List."

Even the adults in the parish refer to him as Santa Claus. And, of course, his wife is Mrs. Santa. I see these people every Sunday and I don't know their real names. And it's so fun to watch kids do a double-take when Santa walks in. You see the wonder in their eyes.