Sunday, March 22, 2015

I'd rather not hear it


I was coming out of the supermarket yesterday when a vehicle pulled up and waited to turn.

Despite the closed windows, loud music was belting out from the vehicle. Music with offensive lyrics. Pouring over me and the families, with children, walking in and out of the store.

This sort of thing has happened before. Vehicles blaring down the street. Vehicles blasting away at red lights and stops signs.

I believe people have the right to listen to music of their choice.

I also believe they have no right to force others listen to that music.

Now maybe some of those folks have hearing loss - due to blasting music? - so that's the only way they can hear it. Maybe they are just oblivious to how loud it is. Maybe they don't care. And maybe they don't realize how offensive some of the lyrics are.

Whatever the case, I just don't want to hear it.

Maybe I need to get some good speakers and a few classic music cds in my car.

Pax et bonum

No comments: