Saturday, October 31, 2015

Funeral: Some possible wake photos for when I go home


The funeral this morning got me to thinking of my own end some day.

No, I'm not morbid!

It's just that at so many wakes these days they have these slide shows from the life of the person. I began to wonder what photos of me and my family I'd want in such a show. I don't have a lot of photos of myself - I'm usually the person behind the camera. And I also wanted to have a say in what photos get shown - I've seen some pretty awful ones at other people's wakes.

Of course, I'd rather just have them run some Three Stooges shorts or clips from The Marx Brothers, but the family will probably want some sort of photo display.

Here's a few I have in my computer. I need to scan in more - wedding and family. Then maybe I'll gather them all in a flash drive so the work will be done for the family. One less thing for them to worry about.

How to get rid of all my books will be enough of a problem for them!



 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pax et bonum

2 comments:

Do Not Be Anxious said...

I too have had some thoughts about "things" around my house (including the numerous full bookcases --- despite my having given away hundreds to local parishes). Your considerations about your funeral is something which hadn't occurred to me previously. I guess I wasn't too sure that anyone would even be at my funeral.

A Secular Franciscan said...

I suspect someone will show up for you - though, to be honest, I've wondered how many will show up at mine!