Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Crossing the line


The Wife posted on Facebook an article about "senior discounts." Some companies begin giving them when you hit 55, some start at 60, and some at 65.

I've never really thought of myself as a "senior," though at 60 I now qualify in many eyes. Indeed, this summer, the cashier at a local movie theater gave the good-looking-one and I discounts, though neither of us asked.

But then I saw how many discount-offering businesses were listed in that article.

Many of the places are not ones I frequent, true, but some got me smiling.

Ben & Jerry's: 10% off (60+)
Dunkin' Donuts: 10% off or free coffee ( 55+) 
Golden Corral: 10% off (60+)
McDonald's: discounts on coffee everyday ( 55+)
Papa John’s: 25% off (55+) for online orders. Enter the code “AARP25″ when placing your order
Subway: 10% off (60+)
AMC Theaters: Up to 30% off (55+)
Cinemark: Up to 35 % off

There's lots more, but not all of them are local, and, as I noted earlier, I don't go to a lot of them on any kind of a regular basis.

And some of these discounts may not be available at every location - I'll need to check that out. Also, you apparently need to ask for the discount. But I'm thinking it might be time to cross the line and start taking advantage of my "senior" status.

Let's see if some of those young whippersnappers give me a hard time!

Pax et bonum

No comments: