Friday, May 12, 2017

Following the example of Venerable Solanus Casey


The teaching assignments are out for next year, and once again I'm being shuffled.

The ego in me bristles. Anger and resentment.

The Franciscan in me, however, shakes his head at my foolishness.


Venerable Solanus Casey - soon to be Blessed - humbly accepted whatever was sent his way without complaint. He simply did what was asked, no matter how much he might have wanted to do something else or be somewhere else.

And he is my patron as a Franciscan.

Moreover, I've been reading Rod Dreher's The Benedict Option, and in it he describes how monks did what they were told, and if they became too good at and too proud of something they were moved to new assignments.

Humility.

Acceptance.

So hard - but this is what I feel I must do.

Venerable Solanus, pray for me.

Pax et bonum

No comments: