Sunday, October 21, 2018

Franciscan Service


I have perceptions of our Fraternity, but I might be wrong.

Our Fraternity began as a Charismatic Prayer Group, and sometimes I get the feeling that some members still view it primarily as a devotional group. That Charismatic nature is one of the things that drew me to this Fraternity, and I find devotions enriching. But I think as Franciscans are called as lay people to be active in the world.

That's where I might be wrong. I think we should be doing more, but many members may already be doing a great deal.

So one of the things I want to do is to survey members to see what ministries they do outside the group. Music ministry, food pantries, hospital visits, Bible study, funeral ministry, religious education, and so on.

It may be a lot, and it would be good to make those activities known to the rest of the Fraternity.

In addition, as we consider increasing activities as a Fraternity we might be able to join in on some of the ones already being done. I'm active with 40 Days for Life, and I got some of the members to join me one Saturday outside Planned Parenthood to pray. It would be good to do more such things.

We are called to serve.

Let's see what the survey reveals.

Pax et bonum

No comments: