Thursday, February 7, 2013

Surgery went well (scribbling)


Apparently the surgery went well, and we got out in relatively quick time. We find out today exactly what the doctor did and found, but from the nurses the reports were all positive. Now comes recovery for the Good Looking One.

As I often do when forced to sit still for a long period of time, I began to scribble some drafts of poems - in this case haiku and senryu.

waiting room -
artificial waterfall
numbs the pain

woman reading obits
in hospital waiting room -
I remember

elderly woman
with flaming red hair
winter sunlight

resigned to play
on albums that all sold well
muzak musicians

you tell yourself
at least I'm being heard
muzak musician

waiting room muzak
artificial waterfall -
sounds to silence

Pax et bonum

1 comment:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I'm behind on my reading--glad the surgery went well and will pray that her recovery is smooth and complete.