Monday, August 5, 2013

A Walden Pond Rosary


While the wife slept, I went back to Walden Pond.

6 a.m. Already there were people in swimming. Some folks were out in the middle of the pond on  small boat. A man was sitting on the shore fishing. Ducks were paddling near the beach. A light mist was rising from the water.

A perfect time for saying a Rosary. Joyful Mysteries.

It is in quiet moments like this that nature helps me to connect with God. I sense his presence all about me. It's easy to understand how people can mistake this nearness and think that we don't need church or religion to come in contact with God, that blessed moments like this are enough. For me, God in nature is just one aspect of faith - ah, but it is a glorious frosting on that faith.

And yes, I did stick my toes into Walden Pond.

Pax et bonum

No comments: