Thursday, June 25, 2015

We have an obligation to speak out when we see evil and sin


I get tweaked occasionally because I speak out against various evils/sins I see in our world. Don judge. Don't offend. Mind your own business.

Now, one can go too far, certainly, and can be unnecessarily offensive in how one speaks out. I constantly have to monitor my own words and actions.

But ...

According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, I have an obligation to speak out:

1868 Sin is a personal act. Moreover, we have a responsibility for the sins committed by others when we cooperate in them:
- by participating directly and voluntarily in them; - by ordering, advising, praising, or approving them; - by not disclosing or not hindering them when we have an obligation to do so; - by protecting evil-doers.

I am culpable if I could have spoken out, but didn't.

Pax et bonum

No comments: