Saturday, March 9, 2019

We Must be Scaring Planned Parenthood!


It's time for 40 Days for Life.

I was scheduled for my first shift this morning. But the other day I got an e-mail.

It seems the city - at the behest of Planned Parenthood I'm sure - imposed some new rules.

We had had a buffer zone with yellow lines on the sidewalk on either side of the entrance to Planned Parenthood and its parking lot. But now we can't walk from one zone to the other directly. We have to cross the street - horizontally, not diagonally! - walk down the other side, then recross to the other buffer zone. We also can't prop signs against walls, building, poles, or trees, or even in the snow. And this morning, for the first time, a police car arrived in the parking lot to watch me as I - horrors - stood there holding a sign and saying a rosary. I've never had that happen before.

On a positive note, at least I was protected from assault by pro-choicers, as they are far more likely to commit acts of violence than I or other pro-lifers are.


The new rules make me think that the ongoing twice yearly 40 Days for Life campaigns, the monthly Stand Up for Life rallies, and the continuing presence of Sidewalk Advocates must be making the folks at Planned Parenthood nervous.


Maybe they see the writing on the wall - including the wall we can't lean a sign against.

Pax et bonum

No comments: