Sunday, February 23, 2020

Lenten Fast and Reading


Lent begins in three day.

As I do every year, I look for things to give up, and things to add to help my spiritual growth.

This year: A social media fast, and daily Bible reading.

The fast will be of Twitter and Facebook -places that actually are sometimes harmful to my spiritual life. I will not post on weekday, unless the post is related to school - announcement, photos from event, etc. - the Fraternity, or an important event such as the Stations of the Cross for Life. I will stop in on Sundays to catch up on important news in people's lives, but I'll limit my commenting or responding.

I will continue to blog. I may even blog more regularly as I pray and reflect. But I will not post blog items to Twitter or Facebook.

As for the Bible - I've been wanting to read the letters of James and Peter more carefully.

I'd like to add more spiritual reading, but I won't make that an official item.

Pax et bonum

No comments: