Monday, June 26, 2023

Another Reading Goal Met


I just finished reading two masques by Robert Frost - A Masque of Reason and A Masque of Mercy.

That means that I have now read all of Frost's officially published volumes of poetry. As far as I know, there are no other published poems by him that were not included in his collections, so I'm fairly safe in making a claim that' I've read all his officially recognized poems.

Reading all of his poems was one of my goals. Others that I have completed: reading all of G. K. Chesterton's Father Brown stories, reading all of Shakespeare's officially recognized plays (38 of them), and reading all of Tony Hillerman's Navajo mystery novels.

I have a few other reading goals:

All of Shakespeare's sonnets
All of Charles Dickens's novels
All of Chesterton's novels
The Book of Sir Thomas More, a play on which Shakespeare collaborated, providing some lines and helping to revise.

I've got a good start on Chesterton and Dickens, and I've read quite a few of the sonnets. Good.

I also had a goal of reading 60-70 works this year.With a few days left in June, I'm already up to 35, the last one being Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI. 

Looking good.

Let's see, what's next ...

Pax et bonum

No comments: