Wednesday, June 21, 2023

She'll Have Nun Of It (Murder, That Is)



I found Advent of Dying by Sister Carol Anne O’Marie out in the garage. I had read another mystery by the good sister (Requiem at the Refuge) and liked it, so I gave it a read.

It's a nice cozy mystery with Sister Mary Helen, an elderly religious (who would bristle at that description!) as the sleuth.

Some mysteries tip you off early on about the killer, and the pleasure comes from the cat-and-mouse nature of the the investigation. Some mysteries give us clues, but keep us guessing until almost the end.

This book tried to be the latter, but I figured out who did it fairly early on, though I did not know the connection to the victim until later.

That wan't a problem, though. This was a solid if not great mystery. I'd read more by Sister O'Marie.

Pax et bonum

No comments: