Sunday, September 11, 2011

It may be nothing, but ...

A couple of weeks ago a bump on my face started to grow. It's now about four/five times the size it was, and noticeable. Just the thing for the beginning of the school year.

I called my doctor and got an appointment for last Friday.

The physician assistant examined the lesion, and checked my lymph nodes. She referred me to a dermatologist for a biopsy. I got the impression she thought I should schedule it soon.

The dermatologist's office was closed by the time I could call, so I'll have to call on Monday to set up an appointment.

It may be nothing. But I would be lying if I didn't admit I am uneasy.

I could use a few prayers!

Pax et bonum

5 comments:

Mike Farley said...

Praying for you...

I had one of those removed myself a couple of months ago - and in my case it was entirely benign. I pray your biopsy may have a similar result!

Do Not Be Anxious said...

No problem adding you to my prayer list; I leave for the adoration chapel in a few minutes.

Perhaps it is a fall thing, but I had a number of friends also suddenly have issues, including my own routing out of my esophagus last Tuesday for something called Shatzke's Ring.

Do not be anxious, my friend.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Just seeing this now, and adding my prayers to those already promised here! I hope that all is well.

A Secular Franciscan said...

The biopsy is Monday. I don't know how soon it will take to get results, or when they will remove the lesion.
Thanks for the prayers, everyone!

Mike Farley said...

I'll be praying on Monday... I'm going to Bosnia for a week, and I doubt I'll have access to a computer. I'll look you up when I get home!