Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving Eve.

Pies baked. Squash cooked. Turkey ready to go into the oven tomorrow. Other foods can be prepared after Mass in the morning.

it's a day for family and food - and, yes, football.

But even more, it's a day set aside to give thanks.

Yet for me, it's just one of many such days.

I thank God each day for things like the moon shining down as I walk the dog, the stars twinkling between the clouds, a rabbit on the neighbor's lawn acting as if I can't see him, birds gracefully circling above a field, a squirrel clinging head down tail twitching on a tree, the sound of a child's laughter, the first taste of newly-opened beer, a familiar song on the radio.

Or even just the fact that I am able to enjoy such things.

Thank you, Lord.

Pax et bonum

1 comment: