Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bye Bye Facebook


I found myself wasting too much time on Facebook, and I lack enough self control to stop reading and responding, and playing games. Plus it was one of the places where I kept shooting off my mouth and offending others, and being offended by their comments. I had several incidents in just the last few days that left me disgruntled and thinking - even at Mass and for hours afterward. It's a weakness in me: I have a hard time giving up and letting things go.

So I deactivated the account.

I'll blog. And of course I'll still have e-mail. And if anyone really needs to get ahold of me there's always the phone!

Pax et bonum

2 comments:

Brother Charles said...

I quit some months ago. I thought I would be more tempted to reactivate, but so far I'm still glad to be without it.

A Secular Franciscan said...

Thanks. So far I haven't missed it. It probably helped that I was at school today getting my classroom ready. Two weeks from Wednesday the students will all be back!