Monday, November 12, 2012

First shift at the mall


Six hours. That's how long my first shift was.

As usual, I avoided eating too much or drinking almost anything the morning before. No bathroom breaks.

The number of visitors as not great. Many gaps. A number of people commented that they never expected us to start this early, so they had not dressed the kids up for photos. A few came just to see how the kids would react, planning to return at a later date. Good idea.

One girl asked a number of skepticism-tinged questions - belief wavering or gone? - then called me a liar.

One family did show up with daughters all dressed up, then complained that my beard was too short and neat! (Look at my fraternity photo from Saturday to see how long my beard is.) My supervisor said she'd worked with shorter-bearded fellows, and there was nothing wrong with my beard.
.
Next shift is next Sunday.

Pax et bonum

No comments: