Saturday, February 11, 2017

So, if I was writing Catholic historical fiction ...


If I were to turn my hand to writing Catholic historical novels or plays, about whom or what would I write?

St. Francis of Assisi has been tackled by various people. Maybe from the perspective of a follower?
First generation Franciscans
Dorothy Day.
Peter Maurin
G. K. Chesterton
The Groundlings
John Henry Newman.
Gerard Manley Hopkins
Irish Catholics in 1840s-60s Central New York
St. Thomas More (ah, but then there's A Man for All Seasons)
Solanus Casey

And would I go adult or YA? Novels or plays?

What would be marketable?

Typical me - getting caught up in the nit-picky details and never finishing. Sort of like that Catholic mystery novel idea I had.

I think I need to compile a list of Catholic fiction as well. A reading list for me - and another way to waste time. 

Pax et bonum

No comments: