Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Setting up (school year begins)


I've now spent a couple of days in my new classroom, arranging desks, putting up pictures and posters, organizing the files and the desk. I still have a couple of days left - including copying stories and materials for the opening day.

It's strange after years at one school and in one classroom having to start over.

At this school, it's more than just setting up my room. I'm teaching new courses, new grade levels, under a very different educational system - Catholic Classical Liberal Educations (Liberal as in broad, not political). A very different approach, requiring some creative thinking. I'll be able to use some of my old stories and materials, but in different ways. Most of the stroes and materilas, though, will be new.

I'm both excited, and nervous.

Classes start next week.

St. John Bosco, pray for me.

Pax et bonum

No comments: