Thursday, January 25, 2018

Seek out ways of unity and fraternal harmony


19. Mindful that they are bearers of peace which must be built up unceasingly, they should seek out ways of unity and fraternal harmony through dialogue, trusting in the presence of the divine seed in everyone and in the transforming power of love and pardon. Messengers of perfect joy in every circumstance, they should strive to bring joy and hope to others. Since they are immersed in the resurrection of Christ, which gives true meaning to Sister Death, let them serenely tend toward the ultimate encounter with the Father. - Rule of the Secular Franciscan Order

This is one part of the Rule where I often fall short. My dialogues sometimes become contentious, and often fail to lead to "unity and fraternal harmony."  That was made clear to me recently by someone who unfriended me because of some responses I gave that he said were critical, argumentative, and, in one case, arrogant.

He was right.

Father Francis, pray for me.

Pax et bonum

No comments: