Sunday, December 20, 2020

50 Books - With a fitting #50



Today I reached 50 books read this year - 39 since retiring.

Appropriately, the 50th book is about Santa Claus - Santa Claus Is for Real by Charles Edward Hall (with Bret Witter). 

That's the highest total number of books read since I began keeping a tally in 2013. The previous high was 35 books in 2018. 

With more than a week to go before the end of the year I may add a couple of books to the tally (I'm already more than half way through one).

I know that there are folks who read far more books each year. This is not a competition, so I salute them, and keep plugging away. 

Given my tally since retiring, I suspect next year's count will be much higher. We'll see.

Meanwhile, my diet is on target - 37 pounds so far, and 13 to go to my original goal. I should hit that by the end of February at the rate I'm going.

I may push on after that. Perhaps I should read a diet book!

Pax et bonum

No comments: