Thursday, August 25, 2022

Now That The Shakespeare Goal Is Met ...


Now that I've finished reading all of Shakespeare's plays, I turn my attention to other readings goals.

One of them is the read all of G. K. Chesterton's Father Brown stories. I've read several collections already -  The Innocence of Father Brown, The Wisdom of Father Brown, and The Incredulity of Father Brown. I've just started The Secret of Father Brown. After that, I'll take on The Scandal of Father Brown, and three standalone stories, The Donnington Affair, The Vampire of the Village, and The Mask of Midas

I'm also working on reading all of Robert Frost's published poetry volumes. So far I have read A Boy's Will, North of Boston, Mountain Interval, New Hampshire, West-Running Brook, and A Further Range.  I still have to read A Witness Tree, Steeple Bush, In the Clearing, A Masque of Reason, and A Masque of Mercy. I've read some of the poems individually before, but not the collections as a whole.

There are other works in the hopper. I'm currently reading a collection of some of the Church Fathers, and a history of the Founding Fathers. But Chesterton's Father Brown tales and Frost's poetry collections are the only ones I've set a goal of reading in their entirety in the near future. (A long-term goal is to read all of Dickens's novel that I haven't yet read!)

Pax et bonum

2 comments:

Do Not Be Anxious said...

Read to what purpose? Has your life been changed, or is this to enable you to bear it?

A Secular Franciscan said...

Life changing? I met a goal. I have a sense of accomplishment. I have a greater grasp of Shakespeare - remember, I was an English teacher, and I have an MA in literature.