Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Confession


Our parish had one of those days of Penance for Lent.Two priests were hearing Confessions from noon to 6 p.m. That day was on top of the regular Penance times, and, of course, the bulletin announced that if anyone wants to get  to confession at another time all they have to do is call the parish office to set up a time.

I took advantage of the day.

I had the usual sins for me. Gluttony, laziness, being critical of others, and holding resentments.

The last two have really been on my mind. I get too snarky and critical on social media, in my poetry, and in conversations. And I tend to cling to resentments, sometimes over things that happened decades ago. I find those resentments interfering with my prayer time

I felt better - as I always do after Confession.

And I resolved to be positive on social media, in my poetry and writing, and in my conversations.

Lord, give me strength.

Pax et bonum

No comments: