Saturday, November 21, 2009

Temptation

I still have my old blog open. I occasionally post a video or song there - something positive.

Earlier today I stumbled across an image of President Obama that was critical of his position on abortion. I posted it there, then thought better of it and removed it.

I disagree with the President on abortion. I have no problem arguing with his position. But the image was not arguing with his position: It was a somewhat sarcastic attack on him.

I struggle with my my tendencies to judge, to be critical, to be sarcastic. Yes, there is room for that sort of approach, but with my personality, I know that even doing something like that in a mild way will eventually lead me to greater - and worse - words, images and actions.

For now, I must refrain from some things. I need to strengthen myself to be more loving in my approach.

Pax et bonum

No comments: